Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Crackdown (360) - part 2

More thoughts from my almost obsessive playing of Crackdown. (It's one of those games that when I'm not playing it, I'm thinking about playing it, and the hours just melt away while I'm running around its slightly gaudily-coloured city. I haven't been this engrossed in a game since Oblivion.)

I think I actually enjoy unfocussed co-op in this more than doing the missions in co-op. Just two superhero cops messing about and occasionally pausing in their stunting japes to shoot the bad men who are inconsiderately hassling them.

I finally managed to get my driving skill up to 4 (the maximum), which was a feat in itself given that vehicles are by far the least interesting thing it has - they really should have made this skill increase more quickly, or allowed the agency vehicles toned down special abilities at lower skill levels.

The fully leveled agency cars are a bit disappointing overall - they're even bigger, so they have more trouble fitting into narrow places. The batmobile (supercar) has a very low ground clearance so it gets stuck on ramps, and the guns are very dangerous to use - they don't seem to aim properly so I ended up killing lots of civilians by accident. The SUV's wall climbing isn't as fun as it sounds, and I haven't managed to work out the truck's ability yet (so far I've got that it makes a sort of whooshing noise, but I imagine there may be more to it) - but the accleration and turning circle are so bad it's no fun to drive at all.

Overall, cars in Crackdown are a wasted opportunity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do like the 4 star SUV, it is fun to do stunts with.